5/5 star rating Thermarest sleeping pad (and sitting pad, which I use for meditation for hours everyday)

I posted a 5/5 star rating for the company Thermarest and their sleeping pad, 
a product I've been using for decades, on their website at the product page.

It's important to give feedback and show appreciation for good things, good people, good products, good companies that stand behind their quality products and honor their warranty. 

That's mudita as a brahmavihara, not a narrow and weirdly specific thing about non jealousy at other people's success and happiness, but rejoicing whole heartedly whenever we encounter skillful actions, whether it's in ourself, others, in past, present. 




 F frank
5 out of 5 star rating
09/06/24
I've been using basecamp and earlier generations of this for decades. Love them!
Review by Anonymous User I have 3 different version of this product, spanning decades, all are still functional.
I also have several thermarest portable seat cushions, using the same tech as these inflatable beds, all getting heavy use, hours everyday, as meditation cushions.
My main basecamp, an older generation of this one, was over 10 years old and being used everyday as my bed, in my house.
One day it developed an air bubble, due to the interior foam becoming delaminated from the shell, and the bubble grew bigger over a few days and the product became unusable.
I remember the pad probably had a limited lifetime warranty, like the current models,
and I contacted the company through email to inquire if my pad could be repaired.
The response time seemed slow, about 2 weeks, but once we made contact, they confirmed they would honor the warranty.
My pad's issue was not repairable, so they sent me a new one which arrived in about a week.
I went back and looked at the statement for the warranty, and in it they said they would respond to request within 3 weeks.
They kept their word!
I'm super impressed.
In this day and age, with all the lying and fraudulence going on in pharmacy, health care, supreme court, religion, I'm always happy to learn there are people who mean what they say, and honor their word.
I love the thermarest products, and felt it was important to give positive feedback in this review,
thereby inspiring other people and companies in the world to really have integrity, honesty,
and support your products with conviction.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Edward Thorp's single most important piece of advice: think for yourself and think critically

making your own home page for your web browser instead of using browser's bookmarks

Yeonmi Park is a human rights activist, her life story is incredible.